Business Coaching and Consulting – Eastern NC Entrepreneurial Promise
A joint project of Partner Community Capital™ and The National Institute of Minority Economic Development
Who's eligible for ENCEP?
- Companies with annual revenues of $250,000 or less and the potential to grow to employ more than 50 people and/or generate revenues greater than $1M within 5 years
- At least 75% of ENCEP participants are women or people of color
- At least 75% of ENCEP participants are located in economically distressed Eastern NC counties, designated as Tier 1 or Tier 2 by the NC Department of Commerce (Note: 33 of the 38 counties east of Interstate 95 are Tier 1 or 2).
What does ENCEP deliver?
- Companies participate in ten weeks of virtual workshops designed especially for their needs in the areas of e-commerce and digital marketing; financial management; procurement; and managing growth.
- Each entrepreneur receives business mentoring by choosing a mentor from a pool of experienced business owners and advisors.
- Participating companies receive 1:1 business coaching and access to digital marketing consulting from Code The Dream
- ENCEP will facilitate access to sources of capital.
- The company named as “Most Likely to Scale” receives a $5,000 stipend for on-going consulting and business support services.
Who leads ENCEP?
Dionne McGee, an experienced facilitator and entrepreneur, is the ENCEP Cohort Director. Dionne has a passion for providing professional development and helping individuals and organizations find their road to success. As a native of Washington, NC, she’s excited to lead ENCEP’s work with diverse entrepreneurs as they add energy to the eastern NC economy.
Dionne is a professional, speaker, author, and entrepreneur, and the founder of DG McGee Enterprises. Prior to launching her business, she held executive roles in corporate America, where she led sales organizations. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Garner Chamber of Commerce as well as the Women’s Business Center of NC. She’s a certified Project Manager and Ice House Facilitator. Dionne earned her B.A. from North Carolina Wesleyan, accompanied by a host of certifications.